Wednesday 14 May 2014

GOOD FRIDAY STOCKPORT COUNTY COLLECTION!!

19th April 2014

On Good Friday SCFC kindly allowed us to collect at the match v Altrincham organised via St Ann's Hospice in aid of our challenge. Dad was a county fan, with his brother Peter, for over 40 years and season ticket holder for many. I have fond memories of dad taking me to matches from the age of 3! We followed them to Wembly and away matches and the collection brought back many happy memories for myself and the family. It is sad that county are currently striving to get back into the league but County fans are loyal and the turnout on Good Friday was tremendous. We raised a huge total of £641.22 !!! Collecting on behalf of the team were myself & Andy, Mum (Carol), Helen, Dave, Maxine, Alex, Sue, Peter & Andrew, we also were fortunate enough to have 2 lovely helpers involved with the hospice too!







So I can only thank Dave Wardle and the team at SCFC for their support in memory of my dad, and the fellow fans for their generosity. I only wish they could have clinched a deserved win rather than a final score of 0-0. I have no doubt (and I can hear dad saying it too!) they will be back up where they belong in the future. Once a county fan - always a county fan!

Below 2 of the Volunteers Maxine & Alex in the fundraising spirit!












No comments:

Post a Comment